2020 may be remembered as the year that the world changed irrevocably due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The year when working from home (WFH) became the norm rather than the exception. The year when holding virtual events became an expertise. The year when social distancing and social isolation became common terms. The year when medical experts became the best predictors of the market. And the year when leaders, both new and established, made their reputation – or severely tested it.
FleishmanHillard recognized early on that this situation requires not only the voice of reason and reassurance, but new thinking and new ways of doing things. We have created our own COVID-19 Taskforce, bringing together key practitioners from across our crisis management, employee communications, public affairs and reputation management practices, in addition to sector-specific expertise. We’ve been applying the lessons learned from APAC as the crisis has expanded globally.
The focus of the Taskforce is helping our counselors from around the world provide clients with insights, resources, perspectives, case studies and opportunities. Through it, we’re helping brands more easily anticipate and respond to quickly changing situations, ensuring they receive the best available counsel based on experience, the latest intelligence and best practices.
Recognising that these challenges – from social isolation to supply chain disruption to making major events virtual – vary by industry, we have created a resource that includes specialist advice by practice area and industry. We hope it helps organizations protect and build their reputation during this challenging period – in both the short- and long-term.
- Guidance on how effective corporate leaders must provide more than policy guidance on how to maintain the health and safety of their employees and customers.
- Insights into the most effective way to manage employees working from home.
- How to navigate the impact of the Coronavirus on the 2020 Tech industry landscape.
- Guidance for organizations on how to manage their brand on social media during the pandemic. The advice includes everything from risk mitigation to community management to events, conferences and launches to Executive Social.
- Direction on reviewing crisis management and business continuity plans.
A full list of our insights and materials is available on our Navigating COVID-19: A Test of Reputation and Reality page on fleishmanhillard.com. Our focus for clients remains on supporting them through this situation and developing creative solutions to new challenges. Watch out for new articles and information as the situation evolves and if you have any feedback or questions, we would love to hear. You can contact us at FH.COVID19.TASKFORCE@fleishman.com.
Rachel Catanach is FleishmanHillard’s senior partner and president, Greater China and chair – FleishmanHillard COVID-19 Taskforce. You can reach Rachel here.